Sensitivity Training or diversity training, there are many names for the same goal: creating a more inclusive workplace that capitalizes on differences. There are many areas of focus in sensitivity training: empathy, respect for others and cooperation towards a common goal. This type of training creates more positive and inclusive employees, a more profitable work culture, and a more positive work life for all.
There are many areas that sensitivity training must address that are regulated by federal and state laws. ADA Diversity laws and enforcing guidelines must be followed by all businesses. Severe penalties are in place for those who don’t follow them. Some of these areas include:
- Gender identification
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly.
This workshop is designed to help you in the following ways:
- Define sensitivity training and its usefulness and necessity in the workplace.
- Identify the benefits for self and the company in pursuing a sensitivity objective.
- Successfully raise awareness of others.
- Identify different types of stereotypes; their delivery and effects.
- Discuss Human Resources and its best practices for dealing with issues associated with stereotypes.
- Define the steps to handling complaints associated with sensitive issues and stereotypes.
- Describe the pros and cons of being “sensitive”.