Performance Management is making sure the employee and the organization they are employed by are focused on the same priorities. Performance Management within an organization improves productivity and reduces waste. It helps the employee set and meet goals, and improves the employee/manager relationship. The key to keeping an organization and employee aligned; improving performance and productivity, is through Performance Management.
When changes occur, Performance Management helps the transition to be smoother and less hectic. It helps the organization and employee create a streamlined relationship which improves communication and interaction. Performance Management will help close any gaps that exist in an employee’s skill-set and make them a more valuable employee through feedback and coaching.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly.
The objectives for this course are as follows:
- Define performance management.
- Understand how performance management works and the tools to make it work.
- Learn the three phases of performance management and how to assess it.
- Discuss effective goal-setting.
- Learn how to give feedback on performance management.
- Identify Kolb’s Learning Cycle.
- Recognize the importance of motivation.
- Develop a performance journal and performance plan.