Welcome to the Windows 7 Essentials course. This course will help you unlock the power of the tools available in Windows 7. By the end of this course, your new desktop will have you rocketing through your tasks like a pro!
Windows 7 Essentials will show you the great new features of Windows 7 and provide you with a great base to further your Windows 7 experiences. With Windows 7 you can better manage your time by providing new and more efficient tools and applications.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With this in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Upgrade from Vista or XP
- Log in and out of Windows
- Use the Search Box
- Pin an application to the Start Menu or the Taskbar
- Customize the Start Menu
- Use the Notification Area and Action Center
- Navigate the Control Panel and make changes to Control Panel items
- Use Gadgets, Themes, Sticky Notes, and the Snipping Tool
- Backup Files
- Understand Libraries
- Use Windows Key Shortcuts
- Share Files
- Use Location Aware Printing
- Use the Built-in Applications: Windows Mail, Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, Backup and Restore, and Windows Media Center
- Troubleshoot Program Compatibility
- Understand System Restore
- Understand Startup Repair