Supervising others can be a tough job. Between managing your own time and projects, helping your team members solve problems and complete tasks, and helping other supervisors, your day can fill up before you know it.
The Supervising Others course will help supervisors become more efficient and proficient, with information on delegating, managing time, setting goals and expectations (for themselves and others), providing feedback, resolving conflict, and administering discipline.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Define requirements for particular tasks
- Set expectations for your staff
- Set SMART goals for yourself
- Help your staff set SMART goals
- Assign work and delegate appropriately
- Provide effective, appropriate feedback to your staff
- Manage your time more efficiently
- Help your team resolve conflicts
- Understand how to manage effectively in particular situations
- Understand what a new supervisor needs to do to get started on the right path