A respectful work environment is essential to the overall success of your team, and will contribute to a well-founded work reputation. Evidently, when we learn to accept the differences between the values and perspectives of those around us, we can continue to grow as a team. The concept of respect is often taught at a young age; however, it is just as important to remind adults to model respective behaviors. Remember, it is the responsibility of all team members to be respectful to one another, and address conflict in a positive manner in order to accomplish a healthy, safe work environment.
This Respesct In The Workplace course will give you the tools and conversation to help empower your team to recognize behaviors that influence their performance within the workplace. A respectful workplace is one in which integrity and professionalism are displayed, and skills to communicate and recognize one another are practiced.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Have a clear understanding of respect and self-respect
- Choose appropriate emotional responses
- Develop respectful communication approaches
- Understand how to build a respectful workplace, and the importance of team contribution
- Understand policies on respect, and the many benefits
- Focus on building an inclusive work environment