They say that leaders are born, not made. While it is true that some people are born leaders, some leaders are born in the midst of adversity. Often, simple people who have never had a leadership role will stand up and take the lead when a situation they care about requires it. A simple example is parenting. When a child arrives, many parents discover leadership abilities they never knew existed in order to guide and protect their offspring.
Once you learn the techniques of true Leadership And Influence, you will be able to build the confidence it takes to take the lead. The more experience you have acting as a genuine leader, the easier it will be for you. It is never easy to take the lead, as you will need to make decisions and face challenges, but it can become natural and rewarding.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning that the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define “leadership”
- Explain the Great Man Theory
- Explain the Trait Theory
- Understand Transformational Leadership
- Understand the people you lead and how to adapt your leadership styles
- Explain leading by Directing
- Explain leading by Coaching
- Explain leading by Participating
- Explain leading by Delegating
- Kouzes and Posner
- Conduct a personal inventory
- Create an action plan
- Establish personal goals