Welcome to the Emotional Intelligence at Work course. Emotional Intelligence is usually considered the ability to be in touch with one’s emotions to the point where these feelings can be identified and understood, then used in social interactions.
This course will introduce to you the ideas and techniques for increasing your emotional intelligence. Many occupations are based on high emotional intelligence. Many service occupations require high levels of EQ. These skills are also widely desired by all employers as these employees are better communicators. They are good at relationships and conflict resolution, which are very useful in the workplace.
What does the phrase “emotional intelligence in the workplace” encompass? There are five main areas of focus that are included in most studies:
- Self-awareness – of emotions and self-worth, and confidence in one’s abilities.
- Self-regulation – of emotions, standards of honesty, and adaptability.
- Motivation – drive to achieve goals, commitment, and initiative.
- Empathy – high sense of diversity, compassion, and is driven to assist others.
- Social Skills – skills in conflict management, communication, and leadership.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly.
This course is designed to help you in the following ways:
- Define and practice the areas of emotional intelligence in the workplace.
- Identify and control your emotions.
- Successfully communicate and maintain relationships with others.
- Identify nonverbal communication and consider this information when engaging.
- Successfully execute conflict resolution and overcome other obstacles in the workplace.
- Exhibit empathy and reverence for others.
- Identify anxious and stressful emotions and better control these negative emotions.